Apache vs. Nginx

Raymond Lutz
Hello again. I am continuing to work on upgrading to foswiki 2xx and I
am currently migrating to a new VPS node with Perl 2.18.0.
The node comes equipped with Nginx instead of Apache.
My hunch is that Apache is probably better for foswiki than Nginx. Correct?
Comments?

--Ray

Re: Apache vs. Nginx

Michael Daum-2
On Thursday, March 17, 2016 07:42:54 Ray Lutz wrote:
> Hello again. I am continuing to work on upgrading to foswiki 2xx and I
> am currently migrating to a new VPS node with Perl 2.18.0.
> The node comes equipped with Nginx instead of Apache.
> My hunch is that Apache is probably better for foswiki than Nginx. Correct?

No.

Nginx is almost always preferable.

Basically, you only have to use Apache when there are other systems on the
server already requiring it.

See:

https://foswiki.org/Development/FutureFoswikiDeploymentScenarios
http://foswiki.org/Support/FoswikiOnNginx
https://foswiki.org/Extensions/ConfiguringWebDAVContribWithFCGI
http://foswiki.org/Extensions/FastCGIEngineContrib
https://foswiki.org/Extensions/XSendFileContrib

Michael.

--
-- Michael Daum Consulting
-- Wissensmanagement und Intranet-Technologie