Quantcast

ApprovalPlugin: Working Example for the the controlled Topic

ApprovalPlugin: Working Example for the the controlled Topic

Björn Gräbe
Hello,

does anyone give me a few pointers or a working example for the
controlled topic of the ApprovalPlugin
( http://foswiki.org/Extensions/ApprovalPlugin )?

The example at http://foswiki.org/Sandbox/ControlledTopicExample
looks broken to me.

Thanks
Björn

Re: ApprovalPlugin: Working Example for the the controlled Topic

Stefanos Kouzof
I would go for the workflow plugin instead.
It is a much more complete solution.

Stefanos

___________________________

        E r g o Q
   Process Management
___________________________
  69, Mitropoleos str
Thessaloniki, Greece
        PC 54622
   Tel. +30 2311 242499
   Fax  +30 2311 242498
   http://www.ergoq.gr

Hello,

does anyone give me a few pointers or a working example for the
controlled topic of the ApprovalPlugin
( http://foswiki.org/Extensions/ApprovalPlugin )?

The example at http://foswiki.org/Sandbox/ControlledTopicExample
looks broken to me.

Thanks
Björn

Re: ApprovalPlugin: Working Example for the the controlled Topic

Colas Nahaboo
ApprovalPlugin has its own merits. I had to make a mini-app last year and Approval was the solution, but not Workflow. I think it is because Approval is easier to understand by non-techies because you can customise more the emails, so they just follow the instruction and do not have to understand the system.

This said, it reminds me that I started enhancing Approval, but had not come yet to upload my modifications (shame on me!). You can try them it if you want, I have uploaded them at: http://hg.colas.nahaboo.net/foswiki/ApprovalPlugin/ (use the zip / gz / bz2 at top to download it). My changes are:

Changes from 1.1:
   * In the Transition table, if the Notify column is a name, it means: yes, notify but use the template of this name instead of the default approval notify
   * Additional CC: can be added in the Notify column of transitions
   * same email listed both in cc and to fixed.
   * comment system, via a text in the new comment column in transitions
   * comment is shown via a fieldset grouping comment + button
   * LINK_TO_PLUGIN_IN_MESSAGES preference
   * CHOICE_VIA_BUTTONS preference
   * APPROVALSENDER preference
   * email sending logic documented
   * cc list per transition

This allowed me to come with the following App: http://i.imgur.com/6H3JecH.png
I will remove confidential information (names) from the control topic I use and post it here

Colas.

Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

Re: ApprovalPlugin: Working Example for the the controlled Topic

Colas Nahaboo
I have put the admin topics & mail templates of my app with confidential parts removed at http://nahaboo.org/tmp/OpportinuesAdminTopics.tgz

The 7 day timeout was implemented by a shell script checking daily the topics and mailing an admin to perform manually timeout actions if needed

--
Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

Re: ApprovalPlugin: Working Example for the the controlled Topic

Björn Gräbe
Hello,

sorry for the late reply. The WorkFlow-PlugIn does a good job, so we
don't need the Approval-PlugIn anymore.

Greetings
Björn