Copying/moving a whole web

Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]
Dear all,
I need to move almost all topics from one web to another and I wonder if there is a some way to make it easy.
Like if there is a some tool/plug-in that can make a bulk copy/move of the set of topics and attachments?
Thank you!

Olga Vovk
<:3)))~~~~
Senior Research Data Analyst,
SRA contractor
NIH/CIT/DCB/BIRSS
NIH campus, Building 12A, room # 2015

Re: Copying/moving a whole web

Lynnwood Brown
Morning Olga,
You might take a look at http://foswiki.org/Extensions/CopyContrib and see if that meets your needs. In many cases like this, I might also just move the topics (and associated pub directories) on the file level and then rebuild the dbcache (if you’re using DBCacheContrib). Let me know if you don’t understand what I mean here and I’ll provide more detail.
- Lynnwood Brown

On Oct 6, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I need to move almost all topics from one web to another and I wonder if there is a some way to make it easy.
> Like if there is a some tool/plug-in that can make a bulk copy/move of the set of topics and attachments?
> Thank you!
>
> Olga Vovk
> <:3)))~~~~
> Senior Research Data Analyst,
> SRA contractor
> NIH/CIT/DCB/BIRSS
> NIH campus, Building 12A, room # 2015

prasad
Hi,

Don't you have access to the wiki installation? If you do - then you can do this easily from the backend. You just have to copy the topic files from one web to another web in the data & pub folders.

You might take a look at http://foswiki.org/Extensions/CopyContrib and see if that meets your needs. In many cases like this, I might also just move the topics (and associated pub directories) on the file level and then rebuild the dbcache (if you're using DBCacheContrib). Let me know if you don't understand what I mean here and I'll provide more detail.
- Lynnwood Brown

On Oct 6, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I need to move almost all topics from one web to another and I wonder if there is a some way to make it easy.
> Like if there is a some tool/plug-in that can make a bulk copy/move of the set of topics and attachments?
> Thank you!
>
> Olga Vovk
> <:3)))~~~~
> Senior Research Data Analyst,
> SRA contractor
> NIH/CIT/DCB/BIRSS
> NIH campus, Building 12A, room # 2015

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Copying/moving a whole web

Oliver Krüger-2
Just moving the data in the filesystem is an option under certain circumstances: Doing so the wiki links to those topics (from other webs) are not updated leaving a broken link behind. It all depends on your data and how interconnected your topics are.

Kind regards,
Oliver