FossWiki Shibb Question

Alina Rimbu
Hello,

I am new to this list and to FossWiki.
I am trying to figure out how to implement/configure Shibboleth for FossWiki 1.1.8 and I would appreciate if you could point me to some documentation about it.

Thank you

Alina

Re: FossWiki Shibb Question

Oliver Krüger-2
Hello Alina,

I am new to this list and to FossWiki.
Welcome. (:

I am trying to figure out how to implement/configure Shibboleth for FossWiki 1.1.8 and I would appreciate if you could point me to some documentation about it.

as far as I know there is not native extension in/for Foswiki which supports Shibboleth by itself. What you can do is:

- configure your Apache webserver to do the authentication stuff
- use the ApacheLogin LoginManager instead of the default TemplateLogin
- the rest is a matter of mapping your Shibb users to Wiki users

http://foswiki.org/System/UserAuthentication may be a starting point for further reading.

If all that fails you can implement your own Login-/Password-Manager in perl. ;-)

Oliver

Re: FossWiki Shibb Question

Aaron Fuleki
Oliver's Apache suggestion is probably the easiest (using mod_shibb).

Adding more generic SAML2 support to Foswiki would be nice to have, as that would bring support for a variety of external auth systems (Shibb, CAS, etc.).  That would be non-trivial, though.

Here's a random, really old post about Shibb and TWiki (Foswiki's ancestor), which may be useful for Foswiki.

-Aaron

Aaron Fuleki
Business Intelligence Analyst
Denison University