Foswiki General Assembly 2011

12

Foswiki General Assembly 2011

Sven Dowideit
Hello Foswiki Association members, and potential new members

It is again time to consider when and where we will have our yearly
Assembly.

I happen to be in Zurich this year, so I'm hoping that we can organise
this GA so we can meet up physically.

I've started an informal table on

http://foswiki.org/Community/AgendaThirdGeneralAssembly

and would like to know if weekends are the main option (I presume they
are), and where.

If there are any Association members in Zurich, or surrounds (ie within
a few hours train ride) that could help out with a meeting location with
internet and telecommunications, that would be fantastic.

I'll set up a more restricted vote framework in a few days - please add
your preferences ASAP.

Cheers
Sven Dowideit
Foswiki Board member

Re: Foswiki General Assembly 2011

Sven Dowideit
I've made a Foswiki CalendarPlugin page showing the excluded weekends so
far.

http://dowideit.org/Sandbox/FoswikiAssembly2011

At this point, I'm leaning towards suggesting that the Assembly and
Foswiki Camp be held on and around the weekend of the 8th of October.

If that weekend is good or bad for you, please indicate on the
foswiki.org topic ASAP.

Cheers
Sven

On 07/08/11 15:22, Sven Dowideit wrote:

> Hello Foswiki Association members, and potential new members
>
> It is again time to consider when and where we will have our yearly
> Assembly.
>
> I happen to be in Zurich this year, so I'm hoping that we can organise
> this GA so we can meet up physically.
>
> I've started an informal table on
>
> http://foswiki.org/Community/AgendaThirdGeneralAssembly
>
> and would like to know if weekends are the main option (I presume they
> are), and where.
>
> If there are any Association members in Zurich, or surrounds (ie within
> a few hours train ride) that could help out with a meeting location with
> internet and telecommunications, that would be fantastic.
>
> I'll set up a more restricted vote framework in a few days - please add
> your preferences ASAP.
>
> Cheers
> Sven Dowideit
> Foswiki Board member

Professional Wiki Innovation and Support
Enterprise Support Contracts for Foswiki
Sven Dowideit          http://fosiki.com

Re: Foswiki General Assembly 2011

BRYAN THALE
Speaking of the Foswiki Association... was there ever a mechanism set up for people to pay their dues online?  Last I heard we were waiting for various legalities to be resolved.

Bryan
--
Bryan Thale
Motorola Open Source Technologies, Motorola Mobility

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM, Sven Dowideit <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Oliver Krüger-2
Hey Bryan.

money,... I think, thats my cue. :-)

In early 2011 Michael Daum and I managed to finally set up all accounts and resolve all legal issues. There are two ways to send money to the Foswiki Association:
1. (prefered option if you are inside the EU) via a SEPA money transfer directly to our bank account
2. via Paypal ([hidden email])

I updated http://www.foswiki.org/Community/Finance/WebHome.

Cheers,
Oliver

Am 11.08.2011 um 23:22 schrieb BRYAN THALE:

> Speaking of the Foswiki Association... was there ever a mechanism set up for people to pay their dues online?  Last I heard we were waiting for various legalities to be resolved.
>
> Bryan
> --
> Bryan Thale
> Motorola Open Source Technologies, Motorola Mobility

--
Oliver Krüger
(Treasurer)

Foswiki Association e.V.
Kanalstr. 12
D-30159 Hannover
Germany

District Court of Hannover, VR 201053
Board members: Crawford Currie, Kenneth Lavrsen, Oliver Krüger, Michael Daum, Sven Dowideit

Re: Foswiki General Assembly 2011

Crawford Currie
On 11/08/11 20:57, Sven Dowideit wrote:
> http://dowideit.org/Sandbox/FoswikiAssembly2011
>
> At this point, I'm leaning towards suggesting that the Assembly and
> Foswiki Camp be held on and around the weekend of the 8th of October.

Due to other commitments, the 8th Oct is not good for me. I would prefer
either earlier (mid Sept) or later (mid Nov).

19th Nov is a good date. Plenty of advance warning for scoring a cheap
flight, too.

C.

--
Crawford Currie
- C-Dot Consultants http://c-dot.co.uk

Re: Foswiki General Assembly 2011

Kenneth Lavrsen
I would OK for November 19 also

Kenneth

On 15 Aug 2011, at 13:22, Crawford Currie <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11/08/11 20:57, Sven Dowideit wrote:
>> http://dowideit.org/Sandbox/FoswikiAssembly2011
>>
>> At this point, I'm leaning towards suggesting that the Assembly and
>> Foswiki Camp be held on and around the weekend of the 8th of October.
>>
> Due to other commitments, the 8th Oct is not good for me. I would prefer
> either earlier (mid Sept) or later (mid Nov).
>
> 19th Nov is a good date. Plenty of advance warning for scoring a cheap
> flight, too.
>
> C.
>
> --
> Crawford Currie
> - C-Dot Consultants http://c-dot.co.uk
> - A WikiRing Partner http://wikiring.com
> - landline: +44-1606-330-242
> - mobile: +44-7837-877-956
> - skype: cdot-uk
> - public key http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=Crawford+Currie

Re: Foswiki General Assembly 2011

Michael Daum-2
On Monday 15 August 2011, Crawford Currie wrote:

> On 11/08/11 20:57, Sven Dowideit wrote:
> > http://dowideit.org/Sandbox/FoswikiAssembly2011
> >
> > At this point, I'm leaning towards suggesting that the Assembly and
> > Foswiki Camp be held on and around the weekend of the 8th of October.
> >
> Due to other commitments, the 8th Oct is not good for me. I would prefer
> either earlier (mid Sept) or later (mid Nov).
>
> 19th Nov is a good date. Plenty of advance warning for scoring a cheap
> flight, too.

Cool date, as thats Foswiki Birthday as well.

Btw. have all Foswiki Members as listed on http://foswiki.org/Community/CurrentFoswikiMembers
been contacted via email? Their presence at the GA is sort of required either physical, virtual
or by delegating their vote to somebody else.

        Michael.

--
-- Michael Daum Consulting
-- Your Wiki Software Partner

Re: Foswiki General Assembly 2011

Sven Dowideit
We've not yet chosen a date :)

I too will put my support behind 19th of November 2011

Sven

On 22/08/11 10:36, Michael Daum wrote:

> On Monday 15 August 2011, Crawford Currie wrote:
>> On 11/08/11 20:57, Sven Dowideit wrote:
>>> http://dowideit.org/Sandbox/FoswikiAssembly2011
>>>
>>> At this point, I'm leaning towards suggesting that the Assembly and
>>> Foswiki Camp be held on and around the weekend of the 8th of October.
>>>
>> Due to other commitments, the 8th Oct is not good for me. I would prefer
>> either earlier (mid Sept) or later (mid Nov).
>>
>> 19th Nov is a good date. Plenty of advance warning for scoring a cheap
>> flight, too.
>
> Cool date, as thats Foswiki Birthday as well.
>
> Btw. have all Foswiki Members as listed on http://foswiki.org/Community/CurrentFoswikiMembers
> been contacted via email? Their presence at the GA is sort of required either physical, virtual
> or by delegating their vote to somebody else.
>
> Michael.

Professional Wiki Innovation and Support
Enterprise Support Contracts for Foswiki
Sven Dowideit          http://fosiki.com

Re: Foswiki General Assembly 2011

Michael Daum-3
Hey there,

first, to all of you listed as current member at

http://foswiki.org/Community/CurrentFoswikiMembers

Hope you are subscribed to the foswiki-discuss mailing list:

Please add yourself to the list at

http://foswiki.org/Community/AgendaThirdGeneralAssembly#Time_and_Place

At least add a note if you:

   (1) will be able to come in person,
   (2) will be attending virtually via irc or
   (3) will delegate your vote to person x.

Now, to everybody interested participating:

As things are we are spiraling down to meet on the weekend 19 Nov for this year's general assembly.
It really would be nice to have a FoswikiCamp 18-20 Nov as well to work on stuff in
the meantime.

Some topics we could work on:

   * move foswiki to plack
   * improve interaction with attachments
   * implement a git store
   * work on store refactoring
   * finalize some cool webdesign on foswiki
   * implement an imap connector for solr
   * implement an xml-attachment connector for JQGridPlugin
   * implement a sane plugin to scan & attach to foswiki
   * improve foswiki's page cache
   * whatever your pet subject is

There's a list of accepted feature proposals at

http://foswiki.org/Development/FeatureProposals#Accepted_Feature_Proposals

that are ready to be actioned on. So if you are interested in coming together for
3 days and would like to push one of these things: grab your laptop and let's just do it.

        Cheers,
        Michael.

--
-- Board Member Foswiki Association e.V.
-- http://foswiki.org/Main/MichaelDaum

Foswiki General Assembly: 19-20th November 2011

Sven Dowideit
Alright.

We've had way too much time, and no-one seems to have spoken strongly
against the weekend of the 19th of November.

There have been proposals to have a physical meetup - the possible choices:
   1 Zurich (because Sven is in Europe for once :) )
   2 CERN (because Babar is there, and Sven can get there for Sat/Sun
with the family)
   3 Aachen
   4 please add more.

if You are able to come to somewhere in Europe that weekend, please give
an indication of locations that you could come to the GA, and FoswikiCamp

or if you could help with a location with teleconference and internet -
please raise your hands too.

Sven

On 22/08/11 21:35, Sven Dowideit wrote:

> We've not yet chosen a date :)
>
> I too will put my support behind 19th of November 2011
>
> Sven
>
> On 22/08/11 10:36, Michael Daum wrote:

>>> Due to other commitments, the 8th Oct is not good for me. I would prefer
>>> either earlier (mid Sept) or later (mid Nov).
>>>
>>> 19th Nov is a good date. Plenty of advance warning for scoring a cheap
>>> flight, too.
>>
>> Cool date, as thats Foswiki Birthday as well.
>>
>> Btw. have all Foswiki Members as listed on http://foswiki.org/Community/CurrentFoswikiMembers
>> been contacted via email? Their presence at the GA is sort of required either physical, virtual
>> or by delegating their vote to somebody else.
>>
>> Michael.

Professional Wiki Innovation and Support
Enterprise Support Contracts for Foswiki
Sven Dowideit          http://fosiki.com

Re: Foswiki General Assembly: 19-20th November 2011

Koen Martens

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 02:10:20PM +0200, Sven Dowideit wrote:
> There have been proposals to have a physical meetup - the possible choices:
>    1 Zurich (because Sven is in Europe for once :) )

That's just an 8-hour drive away, i could live with that!

>    2 CERN (because Babar is there, and Sven can get there for Sat/Sun
> with the family)

Not sure, last time i checked it's expensive over there, but maybe
that's for Zurich as well?

>    3 Aachen

That's practically in .nl and would work well for me :)

>    4 please add more.

Can use RevSpace (https://revspace.nl/), which is relatively close to
Schiphol Airport (40-50 minute train ride).

- - gmc

> if You are able to come to somewhere in Europe that weekend, please give
> an indication of locations that you could come to the GA, and FoswikiCamp
>
> or if you could help with a location with teleconference and internet -
> please raise your hands too.
>
> Sven
>

> On 22/08/11 21:35, Sven Dowideit wrote:
> > We've not yet chosen a date :)
> >
> > I too will put my support behind 19th of November 2011
> >
> > Sven

> >> Cool date, as thats Foswiki Birthday as well.
> >>
> >> Btw. have all Foswiki Members as listed on http://foswiki.org/Community/CurrentFoswikiMembers
> >> been contacted via email? Their presence at the GA is sort of required either physical, virtual
> >> or by delegating their vote to somebody else.
> >>
> >> Michael.

> Professional Wiki Innovation and Support
> Enterprise Support Contracts for Foswiki
> Sven Dowideit          http://fosiki.com

- --
http://www.sonologic.nl/
http://koenmartens.nl/
https://www.revspace.nl/
http://signal.hackerspaces.org/

Re: Foswiki General Assembly: 19-20th November 2011

Oliver Krüger-2

CERN is interesting from a public relation perspective. :-)

Oliver

--
Oliver Krüger

Re: Foswiki General Assembly: 19-20th November 2011

Michael Daum-3

yes, please, let's fix the date:

18 Nov: FoswikiCamp, Part 1
19 Nov: 3rd General Assembly + Happy Birthday Foswiki Party
20 Nov: FoswikiCamp, Part 2

On Wednesday 14 September 2011, Sven Dowideit wrote:
> There have been proposals to have a physical meetup - the possible choices:
>    1 Zurich (because Sven is in Europe for once :) )

Zürich is big. We don't have an exact location for that one, do we?

>    2 CERN (because Babar is there, and Sven can get there for Sat/Sun
> with the family)

CERN would be nice. Anybody on the mailing list from CERN able to mediate?

>    3 Aachen

We've already got an invitation by the local University via Alexander Stoffers,
including telephone and videoconferencing equipment. Only con: no direct airport.
Next airports are Köln and Düsseldort.

>    4 please add more.

RevSpace (https://revspace.nl/), that's cool as well.

        Michael.

--
-- Board Member Foswiki Association e.V.
-- http://foswiki.org/Main/MichaelDaum

Re: Foswiki General Assembly: 19-20th November 2011

Olivier 'Babar' Raginel
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:26:06PM +0200, Michael Daum wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2011, Sven Dowideit wrote:
> > There have been proposals to have a physical meetup - the possible choices:
> >    1 Zurich (because Sven is in Europe for once :) )
>
> Zürich is big. We don't have an exact location for that one, do we?

Yeah... we might all crash at Sven's place, but it might be a bit tight
:)

> >    2 CERN (because Babar is there, and Sven can get there for Sat/Sun
> > with the family)
>
> CERN would be nice. Anybody on the mailing list from CERN able to mediate?

You mean apart from me? Pete Jones said he's also interested in hosting
it, if it's not too much trouble for him. But he's not on the ML, afaik.
Oh, and CERN has Geneva airport nearby, and Lyon / Zürich if you fancy
some bus/train.
As for accomodation, I'll check with CERN if I'm allowed to book some
rooms at the CERN hostel. Otherwise, there are a few hotels around, and
I can offer my spare room, and my sofas (not convertible, but one can
sleep there if need be). Zürich is probably in the same price-range.
I can also arrange transport for some... but hotels like premiere classe
are around 45€ / night. Iirc, it was twice as much in Berlin.

> >    3 Aachen
>
> We've already got an invitation by the local University via Alexander Stoffers,
> including telephone and videoconferencing equipment. Only con: no direct airport.
> Next airports are Köln and Düsseldort.
>
> >    4 please add more.
>
> RevSpace (https://revspace.nl/), that's cool as well.

Not sure I'll be able to make it if it's "far" away, but I'll try.

--
Babar

On 15/09/11 00:10, Olivier 'Babar' Raginel wrote:
> You mean apart from me? Pete Jones said he's also interested in hosting
> it, if it's not too much trouble for him.
It shouldn't be any trouble at all for the host, apart from booking
assistance. We're fairly self reliant :-)
> But he's not on the ML, afaik.
> Oh, and CERN has Geneva airport nearby, and Lyon / Zürich if you fancy
> some bus/train.
> As for accomodation, I'll check with CERN if I'm allowed to book some
> rooms at the CERN hostel.
That would be excellent! Don't mind sharing if it comes to that.
>  Otherwise, there are a few hotels around, and
> I can offer my spare room, and my sofas (not convertible, but one can
> sleep there if need be). Zürich is probably in the same price-range.
> I can also arrange transport for some... but hotels like premiere classe
> are around 45€ / night. Iirc, it was twice as much in Berlin.

Aye, but the pound was stronger then :-( Of course, by November the euro
may be worthless.

C.

--
Crawford Currie
- C-Dot Consultants http://c-dot.co.uk
- A WikiRing Partner http://wikiring.com
- landline: +44-1606-330-242
- mobile: +44-7837-877-956
- skype: cdot-uk
- public key http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=Crawford+Currie

Re: Foswiki General Assembly: 19-20th November 2011

Lennon, Padraig
Hi

Has there been a final decision on the dates and location?

Just wanted to know as it will get more expensive to travel nearer to the time..

-P

On 15/09/11 00:10, Olivier 'Babar' Raginel wrote:
> You mean apart from me? Pete Jones said he's also interested in hosting
> it, if it's not too much trouble for him.
It shouldn't be any trouble at all for the host, apart from booking
assistance. We're fairly self reliant :-)
> But he's not on the ML, afaik.
> Oh, and CERN has Geneva airport nearby, and Lyon / Zürich if you fancy
> some bus/train.
> As for accomodation, I'll check with CERN if I'm allowed to book some
> rooms at the CERN hostel.
That would be excellent! Don't mind sharing if it comes to that.
>  Otherwise, there are a few hotels around, and
> I can offer my spare room, and my sofas (n ot convertible, but one can
> sleep there if need be). Zürich is probably in the same price-range.
> I can also arrange transport for some... but hotels like premiere classe
> are around 45â'¬ / night. Iirc, it was twice as much in Berlin.

Aye, but the pound was stronger then :-( Of course, by November the euro
may be worthless.

C.

--
Crawford Currie
- C-Dot Consultants http://c-dot.co.uk
- A WikiRing Partner http://wikiring.com
- landline: +44-1606-330-242
- mobile: +44-7837-877-956
- skype: cdot-uk
- public key http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=Crawford+Currie

"The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and intended solely
for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This information may be subject to legal,
professional or other privilege and further distribution of it is strictly prohibited without
our authority. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it, and should notify us
immediately.

This footnote also confirms that this email has been automatically scanned for the presence
of computer viruses, profanities and certain file types."

Pioneer Investment Management Limited.

1 George’s Quay Plaza, George’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland.

Registered in Ireland no. 287793.

Foswiki Camp and General Assembly: 18-20th November 2011, Geneva, CH

Oliver Krüger-2
Hi everyone.

Padraig, thanks for reminding us again. We had to clarify the availability of the locations in the meantime. So, this is the result:

November, 18th - 20th, 2011 at the CERN in Geneva, Switzerland

You can now start looking for cheap flights and accomodations. Please register your physical and remote presence in our wiki. At least for those who attend physically we need to prepare security badges for the campus. You will find some information on hotels on the pages below.

The General Assembly is combined with a Foswiki Camp where we will do some hacking.

http://www.foswiki.org/Community/FoswikiCamp2011 (register here!)
http://www.foswiki.org/Community/AgendaThirdGeneralAssembly

Oliver

--
Oliver Krüger
(Treasurer)

Foswiki Association e.V.
Kanalstr. 12
D-30159 Hannover
Germany

District Court of Hannover, VR 201053
Board members: Crawford Currie, Kenneth Lavrsen, Oliver Krüger, Michael Daum, Sven Dowideit

Re: [Foswiki-members] Foswiki Camp and General Assembly: 18-20thNovember 2011, Geneva, CH

Lennon, Padraig
Thanks for this Oliver..  I hope to make it...

A few questions though in advance:
   * Is there a place on Foswiki.org that we can add items for discussion during the meet up?
   * What exactly are we going to be covering during the FoswikiCamp?
   * Is there a central point of contact over the weekend? i.e. phone number/email?
   * Are we going to attempt to create a black hole while we are in CERN?  :)
   * Any chance of a tour of CERN?

Padraig Lennon
Senior Systems Integration Engineer

Pioneer Investments Management Ltd.
1 Georges Quay Plaza | Georges Quay | Dublin 2 | Rep. of Ireland
Tel.  +353 (0)1 480.2081 | Fax. +353 (0)1 636.4600

[hidden email] | www.pioneerinvestments.com

On 05/10/11 23:24, Lennon, Padraig wrote:
> Thanks for this Oliver..  I hope to make it...
>
> A few questions though in advance:
>    * Is there a place on Foswiki.org that we can add items for discussion during the meet up?

Agenda for the GA:
http://www.foswiki.org/Community/AgendaThirdGeneralAssembly
>    * What exactly are we going to be covering during the FoswikiCamp?

Discussions regarding the FoswikiCamp:
http://www.foswiki.org/Community/FoswikiCamp. Feel free to propose new
points of discussion.
>    * Is there a central point of contact over the weekend? i.e. phone number/email?

For now, this list.

C.

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 12:24:27AM +0200, Lennon, Padraig wrote:
> A few questions though in advance:
>    * Is there a central point of contact over the weekend? i.e. phone number/email?

Depends what you mean exactly. To reach other people, I will setup some
public conferences, probably using Evo, with the skype bridge so people
can easily join even if they don't want to run evo (it's a free java
applet, you just need to register an account to use it).
I might put my phone number somewhere for people on-site having issues.
Anyway, there are a lot of "public" phones all over the CERN campus, and
at the main entrance. If you need to reach me, just pick any phone and
dial 16 23 18.

>    * Are we going to attempt to create a black hole while we are in CERN?  :)

It's a bit harder to do than what common public knowledge thinks, but if
you want to try, feel free :)

>    * Any chance of a tour of CERN?

Sure.
Tour of the campus is easy, probably the main server room, at least from
the visitor's point or view.
To tour the experiments, I will have to check a bit more how feasible it
is. Please put a list on one of the pages Crawford sent of people
interested in a tour, and I'll see what can be done.

--
Babar

12