Quantcast

Foswiki Release 1.1.9

George Clark-2
Hello Foswiki community,

We have around 25 fixes ready to go for 1.1.9, and it's been 7 months
since our last release.  It's time to start working on the next patch
release.   There are several fixes for issues that have hit new
installations, especially sites using recent versions of Perl.  There
are also a couple of security improvements that we should get released.

In preparation for the next release, please review the planned fixes at
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/TasksByRelease?release=1.1.9

If there are any bug fixes that you'd like to see included, please
update the task, and set the "ReleasedIn" field to "1.1.9" so that we
can review the task and effort required.   We'll try to get it included
unless the fix is determined to be high risk, or too complex for a patch
release.  New features or major enhancements will have to be deferred
until 1.2.

As a reminder,  "ReleasedIn" shows were a task is or will be fixed.
"TargetRelease" controls when/where the task shows in the release notes.

Let's have an IRC "Release Meeting" on Monday October 14th.  I'll be on
the Foswiki channel at 12:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC

Boston (U.S.A. - Massachusetts)   Monday, October 14, 2013 at 8:00:00 AM  EDT  UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Monday, October 14, 2013 at 1:00:00 PM  BST  UTC+1 hour
Brisbane (Australia - Queensland) Monday, October 14, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM AEST UTC+10 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)           Monday, October 14, 2013 at 12:00:00

Boston (U.S.A. - Massachusetts)   Monday, October 14, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM  EDT  UTC-4 hours
London (United Kingdom - England) Monday, October 14, 2013 at 9:00:00 PM  BST  UTC+1 hour
Brisbane (Australia - Queensland) Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 6:00:00 AM AEST UTC+10 hours
Corresponding UTC (GMT)           Monday, October 14, 2013 at 20:00:00

Developers, please limit checkins to well tested and low risk changes so
that we can turn this around relatively quickly.  I'd like to have a
fairly short Beta cycle of a few weeks and get 1.1.9 out sometime in
November.

Developers, Translators, Testers, Users ... Thanks for everyone's
effort.  We need everyone - even minor stuff like pointing out typos
help contribute to a great release!

George Clark
Release Manager 1.1.9