Quantcast

Fwd: The results of your email commands

chris-2

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: The results of your email commands
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 21:47:47 +0000
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your
     Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 14:11:31 +1100
     From: chris <[hidden email]>
     To: [hidden email]
     Hi Guys,
     I've successfully installed foswiki & solr, using this guide

- Ignored:
     http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item12763, specifically following the
     SolrPlugin.txt <http://foswiki.org/pub/Tasks/Item12763/SolrPlugin.txt>
     attached therein.
     I originally installed FW 1.1.9 etc, inc the SolrPlugin using  the
     fosiki rpms http://fosiki.com/Foswiki_rpms/.

     So far I've got FW and solr (solr-jetty) running.
     I can index stuff successfully from the cmd line, and I can force a
solr
     search by adding the example macro
     http://foswiki.org/Extensions/SolrPlugin#SOLRSEARCH to a test page.

     However, I was expecting that Solr Search would be used by the normal
     Search (& Jump ?) input boxes as well.

     The site I'm building for work is used for storing technical info and
     attached files, but I can't expect people to start learning and writing
     Lucene/solr 'code'.
     (Especially when they are just looking for an article/content)

     Am I wrong in assuming that solr should be called by (ie intercept) a
     'normal' search?

     Can't include The src code for the webpage search fields - rejected by
     list filter ... sigh

     Ditto and there is a line higher up that refers to solrsearch:

     I'm no web programmer, so does that mean that there should be a
separate
     SolrSearch box I should be seeing (but am not), or should it
'intercept'
     the actual search  when the std websearch box is used?

     autotemplate is setup as recommended
     http://foswiki.org/Extensions/SolrPlugin#Usage

     I'm using tcpdump to check whether solr is actually called or not.

     --
     Cheers
     Chris Moden

- Done.