GoogleMapPlugin questions

BramVanOosterhout
Hi All,
I have two questions related to the GoogleMapPlugin. The details are here:
https://foswiki.org/Support/Question1874
.
In short, I want to put multiple markers on a map, each with its own
infowindow text. I don't believe the current implementation supports that.

Question 1: How to extend the parameters to support the wanted functionality.
Two alternatives proposed.

Question 2: The current implementation supports a HTML5 JQuery implementation
operating on:

Is that superior to a JQuery/JavaScript operating on with:

As I said above. the full description is at:
https://foswiki.org/Support/Question1874

Kind regards...

--
Bram van Oosterhout

Re: : GoogleMapPlugin questions

BramVanOosterhout

Thanks Chris,

That's more than I expected. I will try this out on Friday and get back to you.

Thanks again.

On Tue, 9 May 2017 22:04:11 -0400, Chris Hoefler wrote

> Added another update with some patches.

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Chris Hoefler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I added a comment to your support question. I realize I didn't format it very well, sorry about that, but I think it should be relatively straightforward to get the current plugin to do what you need.
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Bram van Oosterhout <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,
> I have two questions related to the GoogleMapPlugin. The details are here:
> https://foswiki.org/Support/Question1874
> .
> In short, I want to put multiple markers on a map, each with its own
> infowindow text. I don't believe the current implementation supports that.
>
> Question 1: How to extend the parameters to support the wanted functionality.
> Two alternatives proposed.
>
> Question 2: The current implementation supports a HTML5 JQuery implementation
> operating on:
>
> Is that superior to a JQuery/JavaScript operating on with:
>
> As I said above. the full description is at:
> https://foswiki.org/Support/Question1874
>
> Kind regards...
>
> --
> Bram van Oosterhout

Bram van Oosterhout

Re: : GoogleMapPlugin questions

Chris Hoefler
Just realized, after looking into it a bit further, the context object will only have the data attribute (=values[marker].data if present or undefined). So if the data attribute is not defined for any of your markers, and you want to use the address as a placeholder, you will have to get it another way. The patch already handles this by using the getaddress function, but you will need to remove the references to context.address, because that won't work as originally intended.

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 12:26 AM, Bram van Oosterhout <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Chris,

That's more than I expected. I will try this out on Friday and get back to you.

Thanks again.

On Tue, 9 May 2017 22:04:11 -0400, Chris Hoefler wrote

> Added another update with some patches.

> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:25 PM, Chris Hoefler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I added a comment to your support question. I realize I didn't format it very well, sorry about that, but I think it should be relatively straightforward to get the current plugin to do what you need.
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 8:26 AM, Bram van Oosterhout <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,
> I have two questions related to the GoogleMapPlugin. The details are here:
> https://foswiki.org/Support/Question1874
> .
> In short, I want to put multiple markers on a map, each with its own
> infowindow text. I don't believe the current implementation supports that.
>
> Question 1: How to extend the parameters to support the wanted functionality.
> Two alternatives proposed.
>
> Question 2: The current implementation supports a HTML5 JQuery implementation
> operating on:
>
> Is that superior to a JQuery/JavaScript operating on with:
>
> As I said above. the full description is at:
> https://foswiki.org/Support/Question1874
>
> Kind regards...
>
> --
> Bram van Oosterhout

Bram van Oosterhout

Re: : GoogleMapPlugin questions

BramVanOosterhout

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the patches you sent. As you realised, they were not quite right. They were however a serious inspiration for me and I have now an implementation of GoogleMapsPlugin with the desired functionality. The patches are attached at the task Michael Daum created:

https://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item14397

I am working on the documentation now and will post the updates to github in due course.

Thanks again for your initiative and encouragement.