Quantcast

Help with Kinosearch extension

David Mitchell
Greetings,

I’ve been working to get the kinosearch extension working and have hit a couple of snags.

One is that when I run kinoindex it exits with the following error. I’ve searched for a CentOS 6 RPM for html2text with no luck. I can install the tool by hand I suppose but if there is an RPM it would be a lot easier.
exec of html2text -nobs %FILENAME|F% failed: No such file or directory at /var/lib/foswiki/lib/Foswiki/Sandbox.pm line 544.

The second problem is that the search doesn’t seem to work and I’m stumped as to why not. I don’t know if it’s a configuration issue or if there is no index created due to the problem above. Any attempt to search results in an error along the lines of:

The requested URL /foswiki/bin/kinosearch/System/?search=cicuit&web=all&limit=100 was not found on this server.

The error is actually generated by the kinosearch script itself (you can generate a similar error by running the script from a shell) so I don’t think it’s a problem with my Apache configuration. Is this error the expected output if the index files don’t exist? Or should I be looking elsewhere? Thanks in advance,

-Davd Mitchell

--
David Mitchell, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)

Re: Help with Kinosearch extension

chris-2
Hi David,

depends which FW version you are using.
I've got FW 1.1.9 on RHEL6 and was recommended to switch to SolrIndex - works a treat :)
I believe Kino is no longer recommended or supported...
Apaprently our system installed html2text from epel

HTH
Cheers
Chris Moden

On Jan 8, 2015, at 2:31 PM, chris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi David,

depends which FW version you are using.
I've got FW 1.1.9 on RHEL6 and was recommended to switch to SolrIndex - works a treat :)
I believe Kino is no longer recommended or supported...
Apaprently our system installed html2text from epel

Thanks for the tips. I had missed SolrPlugin when I was looking for search options. I’ll give it a try now. Just so you know I’m running FW 1.1.8 on CentOS 6. I’m not sure why I can’t find html2text because I do have epel active. Weird. I’ll keep digging on that problem. Thanks for the help,

-David Mitchell

[...]

oddly enough, on my desktop Centos it says its in rpmforge ... go figure ..
Definitely setup yum-priorities first if you're going to need to add non-centos repos (even temporarily)
http://wiki.centos.org/PackageManagement/Yum/Priorities

Cheers
Chris Moden
On 09/01/15 09:06, David Mitchell wrote:

[...]

PS: I followed Leila's install method - see the last entry in this foswiki.org post and the attachments
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item12763

Cheers
Chris Moden