New users should use our Mailing list for quick feedback

New users should use our Mailing list for quick feedback

Martin Seibert
Hi all,

a couple of days ago, I proposed UserVoice as a solution:
http://foswiki.org/Community/UserVoiceForRoadmapHelp

This was my last comment now:
"I learn, that !UserVoice is not, what we want from for User-feedback.
That is okay for me. Nevertheless, we should try to get more Feedback
from them. The best alternative solution in my opinion is, to offer
our mailing list as a channel for requests, discussion and prios on
development for those users, that are completely new and that even do
not want to register for a foswiki.org-Account. Any objections?"

Best regards

Martin Seibert
//SEIBERT/MEDIA/CONSULTING

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH / Rheingau Palais
   Söhnleinstraße 8 / 65201 Wiesbaden
   GF: J.Seibert und M.Seibert / AG Wiesbaden: HRB11502

   T.+49-611-20570-20 / F.+49-611-20570-70
   [hidden email]
   www.seibert-media.net / http://blog.seibert-media.net

Erfahren Sie mehr über unsere Dienstleistungen:
http://foswiki.seibert-media.net/

Re: New users should use our Mailing list for quick feedback

Travis Barker
A couple of quick thoughts....

Why not use one of the few hundred -wiki- plugins to gain -wiki- user feedback on the -wiki-? or is that not what its for?

uservoice, mailing lists etc are just more distractions from the cool-aid we made ourselves. And It might serve well to demonstrate to the users our willingness to utilize our own product rather than to look either to another 3rd party product, or to a technology made largly obsolete by our product. Yes, mailing list I'm talking about you.

*If* we agree that we need to generate more user feedback, lets concentrate on -how- to get users to become interested in closing the loop rather than by what port or method. When you get the people fired up with something to say they will come out of the woodwork to say it.

--TB

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Martin Seibert <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

thanks,

Travis Barker
417-667-2250 w
417-684-7977 c