No WYSIWYG-editor available

Julian Flach
Hello @all

I’m new to this whole foswiki administration thing and hope I’ll get some help to get things started.

I’ve set up a new installation (foswiki 2.1.0) and - after several attempts - was able to get NatSkin working without any error messages.
Unfortunately, I won’t get any possibility to use a WYSIWYG-Editor while editing a topic - only a plain-text-editior is available.

As far as I can see, all NatSkin dependencies are installed and within my LocalSite.cfg the following things are set:
[…]
$Foswiki::cfg{JQueryPlugin}{Plugins}{NatEdit}{Enabled} = 1;
$Foswiki::cfg{JQueryPlugin}{Plugins}{NatEdit}{Module} = 'Foswiki::Plugins::NatEditPlugin::NATEDIT’;
[…]
$Foswiki::cfg{JQueryPlugin}{Plugins}{TinyMCE}{Enabled} = 1;
$Foswiki::cfg{JQueryPlugin}{Plugins}{TinyMCE}{Module} = 'Foswiki::Plugins::TinyMCEPlugin::TinyMCE’;
[…]
$Foswiki::cfg{Plugins}{WysiwygPlugin}{Enabled} = 1;
$Foswiki::cfg{Plugins}{WysiwygPlugin}{Module} = 'Foswiki::Plugins::WysiwygPlugin’;

If I click “edit” on any topic, there’s an option “Edit settings” on the “settings”-pane with “wysiwyg - ( ) default ( ) on ( ) off” - which I set to “on” but which doesn’t change anything.

Am I missing some setting to get access to the WYSIWYG editor?

Any help appreciated :-)

Thanks in advance and best regards
Julian

Re: No WYSIWYG-editor available

Reinhard Weh
Hello Julian,

I now the possibility to set WYSIWYG as EDITOR

1) on Main/SitePreferences
   * Set NOWYSIWYG = off

Set this to off for the hole foswiki

2) on a specific topic
Set NOWYSIWYG = off
in the preferences so only on this topic you get  WYSIWYG as EDITOR

3) on a hole web

in WEB/WebPreferences

We use not foswikiw 2.x and obove works

here you ca read in foswiki 2.x the same things

http://foswiki.org/System/TinyMCEFrequentlyAskedQuestions

kind regards
Reinhard Weh

Gesendet: Dienstag, 07. Juni 2016 um 12:04 Uhr
Von: "Julian Flach" <[hidden email]>
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: [Foswiki-discuss] No WYSIWYG-editor available

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ What NetFlow Analyzer can do for you? Monitors network bandwidth and traffic patterns at an interface-level. Reveals which users, apps, and protocols are consuming the most bandwidth. Provides multi-vendor support for NetFlow, J-Flow, sFlow and other flows. Make informed decisions using capacity planning reports. https://ad.doubleclick.net/ddm/clk/305295220;132659582;e_______________________________________________ Foswiki-discuss mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-discuss

Re: No WYSIWYG-editor available

Julian Flach
Hello Reinhard

Thank you for your response and please excuse my late answer - I’ve been out of town for a few weeks.

I’ve add the setting “NOWYSIWG = 1” within my SitePreferences.
Now I have some buttons within my editor window (e.g. paragraph, bold, alignment …) but still no real WYSIWYG-Editor … looks like this:

I think, I’m still missing something - but every document I find says, that the tinyMCE-Editor should run "out of the box”/automatically if TinyMCEPlugin and WYSIWG-Plugin are activated … ?!

Best regards
Julian

On 15 Jun 2016, at 20:02, Reinhard Weh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Julian,

I now the possibility to set WYSIWYG as EDITOR

1) on Main/SitePreferences
   * Set NOWYSIWYG = off

Set this to off for the hole foswiki

2) on a specific topic
Set NOWYSIWYG = off
in the preferences so only on this topic you get  WYSIWYG as EDITOR

3) on a hole web

in WEB/WebPreferences

We use not foswikiw 2.x and obove works

here you ca read in foswiki 2.x the same things

kind regards
Reinhard Weh

Re: No WYSIWYG-editor available

Vicki Brown
You set
NOWYSIWYG = 1

You must set
NOWYSIWYG = off

(or remove the setting entirely).

The macro means No WYSIWYG - you set it to true (1) and turned it on.

On Jun 29, 2016, at 05:00 , Julian Flach <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Reinhard

Thank you for your response and please excuse my late answer - I’ve been out of town for a few weeks.

I’ve add the setting “NOWYSIWG = 1” within my SitePreferences.
Now I have some buttons within my editor window (e.g. paragraph, bold, alignment …) but still no real WYSIWYG-Editor … looks like this:

<Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 13.40.17.png>

[...]

Thanks for you reply, Vicki.
Unfortunately, if I remove the setting entirely, no buttons are visible at all, just the plain text editor :-/

It seems like the editor is not activated but as I wrote in the beginning, both WYSIWYG and TinyMCE are active within the configuration file ?!

On 29 Jun 2016, at 17:33, Vicki Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

You set
NOWYSIWYG = 1

You must set
NOWYSIWYG = off

(or remove the setting entirely).

The macro means No WYSIWYG - you set it to true (1) and turned it on.

On Jun 29, 2016, at 05:00 , Julian Flach <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Reinhard

Thank you for your response and please excuse my late answer - I’ve been out of town for a few weeks.

I’ve add the setting “NOWYSIWG = 1” within my SitePreferences.
Now I have some buttons within my editor window (e.g. paragraph, bold, alignment …) but still no real WYSIWYG-Editor … looks like this:

<Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 13.40.17.png>

I think, I’m still missing something - but every document I find says, that the tinyMCE-Editor should run "out of the box”/automatically if TinyMCEPlugin and WYSIWG-Plugin are activated … ?!

Best regards
Julian

On 15 Jun 2016, at 20:02, Reinhard Weh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello Julian,

I now the possibility to set WYSIWYG as EDITOR

1) on Main/SitePreferences
   * Set NOWYSIWYG = off

Set this to off for the hole foswiki

2) on a specific topic
Set NOWYSIWYG = off
in the preferences so only on this topic you get  WYSIWYG as EDITOR

3) on a hole web

in WEB/WebPreferences

We use not foswikiw 2.x and obove works

here you ca read in foswiki 2.x the same things

http://foswiki.org/System/TinyMCEFrequentlyAskedQuestions

kind regards
Reinhard Weh

Re: No WYSIWYG-editor available

Vicki Brown
>> Unfortunately, if I remove the setting entirely, no buttons are visible at all, just the plain text editor :-/

Those weren't WYSIWYG buttons. Those were NatEdit buttons. (

Have you checked that NOWYSIWYG is not set _somewhere_?
Put %NOWYSIWYG% in a page and see what the result is?

There are two other macros that could be overriding this. What are the current values for:
  • %EDITMETHOD%
  • %WYSIWYG_EXCLUDE%

On Jun 29, 2016, at 10:05 , Julian Flach <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for you reply, Vicki.
Unfortunately, if I remove the setting entirely, no buttons are visible at all, just the plain text editor :-/

<Screen Shot 2016-06-29 at 18.57.28.png>

[...]

I think you must have something else set (or not configured).
Are you quite certain that TinyMCE is enabled?

When I remove
  * Set NOWYSIWYG = 1
from my preferences on Foswiki.org, I get the Wysiwyg editor. It looks like this:

[...]

George Clark-2
On 06/29/2016 01:33 PM, Vicki Brown wrote:
I think you must have something else set (or not configured).
Are you quite certain that TinyMCE is enabled?

When I remove
  * Set NOWYSIWYG = 1
from my preferences on Foswiki.org, I get the Wysiwyg editor. It looks like this:

What is the SKIN setting for your site?  I believe for NatSkin,  it should simply be SKIN = nat.   You don't need the natedit used by pattern skin.

George

On 29 Jun 2016, at 19:26, Vicki Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

Have you checked that NOWYSIWYG is not set _somewhere_?
Put %NOWYSIWYG% in a page and see what the result is?
on Main/WebHome I get the following
NOWYSIWYG --> off

There are two other macros that could be overriding this. What are the current values for:
• %EDITMETHOD%
• %WYSIWYG_EXCLUDE%
… and …
EDITMETHOD --> %EDITMETHOD%
WYSIWYG_EXCLUDE --> %WYSIWYG_EXCLUDE%

Also checked the LocalSite.cfg again:
$Foswiki::cfg{Plugins}{WysiwygPlugin}{Enabled} = 1;
$Foswiki::cfg{Plugins}{WysiwygPlugin}{Module} = 'Foswiki::Plugins::WysiwygPlugin’;
and
[...]

   What version of Foswiki are you running?

On Jun 29, 2016, at 11:28 , Julian Flach <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

@Vicki
It’s version 2.1.0

@George
it’s already set to nat