Quantcast

Problem with attachments

Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]

Dear all,
I have a sudden problem attaching files (almost all types except JPGs)  to my FOSWIKI topics.
When I tried to attach a PDF file I received the following error message:

"OopsException(attention/generic web=>System topic=>AttachmentUrlShortcutPlugin keep=>1 params=>[You cannot upload this attachment: TestAttachment.pdf. The type(text/plain) is forbidden, please ask your administrator for further informations])"

I tried to upload a new fonts.css file and received the following message:

"Attention
You cannot upload this attachment: fonts.css. The type(text/plain) is forbidden, please ask your administrator for further information"

For some reason it forbids attaching text files, PDFs, PNGs,   XLS, any file except JPGs.
I looked this up but could not find anything useful, it appears all permissions are correct.  And I am not exactly sure what the problem is.

Could anybody help me with that?
Thank you very much!

Olga Vovk
<:3)))~~~~
SRA contractor
NIH/CIT/DCB/BIRSS
NIH campus, Building 12A, room # 2015
Phone: 301-443-3693

Re: Problem with attachments

George Clark-2
It appears that this message originates from:

AttachmentFilterPlugin/lib/Foswiki/Plugins/AttachmentFilterPlugin.pm

I'm not familiar with that extension, but looking at the code, it uses
the Perl CPAN module:  File::MMagic  to examine the file and determine
its type.  It then matches the returned type against a list of types
entered in configure,   the default being an empty list.    If the
returned type is not found, then the upload is denied.  Since the
default is an empty list, then all uploads are denied.

$Foswiki::cfg{Plugins}{AttachmentFilterPlugin}{AllowedFiltypes};

So maybe someone recently installed that plugin, or it's misconfigured,
or maybe there is some change to File::MMagic that's returning an
unexpected type.

George Clark