Problems with the Foswiki Rich Text Editor: Documented by new community member Ralf Krüger

Problems with the Foswiki Rich Text Editor: Documented by new community member Ralf Krüger

Martin Seibert
Hi all,

I would like to introduce Ralf Krüger to the Foswiki community. He is
CIO at a German company in Troisdorf near Bonn, that is a customer
of //SEIBERT/MEDIA.

In the past days Ralf documented a lot of Rich Text Editor bugs and
created videos to document them. I helped him to create them on our
Tasks web. You will find them below.

It would be very helpful, if you would look into the list and comment
on these issues. This way and by giving some cheers to Ralf for
helping to document bugs I hope that we can convince him to go on with
this perfect preparation for improvements.

I am looking forward to your comments.

Crawford: I would be especially interested in your opinions.

Here they are:

1. Item1391: < div > disappears in Rich-Text-Editor
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1391

2. Item1392: Cursor jumps to beginning unintendedly in WYSIWYG-editor
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1392

3. Item1393: The Macro % CODE % is currupted by the Rich-Text-Editor
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1393

4. Item1394: % PINK % is converted in the Rich Text Editor
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1394

5. Item1395: Backspace will adapt formatting of previous line in
WYSIWYG-editor
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1394

6. Item1396: Improve formatting and conversion of links in WYSIWYG-
editor
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1396

7. Item1397: Typewriter-Formatting does not work in Rich Text Editor
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1397

Here are all open WysiwygPlugin-Issues:
http://foswiki.org/Tasks/WysiwygPlugin

So, please welcome Ralf Krüger as our new Foswiki Community member. :-)

Best regards

Martin Seibert
//SEIBERT/MEDIA/CONSULTING

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH / Rheingau Palais
   Söhnleinstraße 8 / 65201 Wiesbaden
   GF: J.Seibert und M.Seibert / AG Wiesbaden: HRB11502

   T.+49-611-20570-20 / F.+49-611-20570-70
   [hidden email]
   www.seibert-media.net / http://blog.seibert-media.net

Erfahren Sie mehr über unsere Dienstleistungen:
http://foswiki.seibert-media.net/

Re: Problems with the Foswiki Rich Text Editor: Documented by new community member Ralf Krüger

Eugen Mayer
Beside all the informations.

Why should we know that it is  a customer of Seiber Media? I mean, is it
a customer of you, which needs support, which we should provide, and
thats what you gonna tell us? This mailing list is not a marketing
place, neither foswiki.org is. Actually yes it is one, but for Foswiki
only.

Martin you really should stop this.

best regards

Eugen

Am Montag, den 30.03.2009, 22:43 +0200 schrieb Martin Seibert:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to introduce Ralf Krüger to the Foswiki community. He is
> CIO at a German company in Troisdorf near Bonn, that is a customer
> of //SEIBERT/MEDIA.
>
> In the past days Ralf documented a lot of Rich Text Editor bugs and
> created videos to document them. I helped him to create them on our
> Tasks web. You will find them below.
>
> It would be very helpful, if you would look into the list and comment
> on these issues. This way and by giving some cheers to Ralf for
> helping to document bugs I hope that we can convince him to go on with
> this perfect preparation for improvements.
>
> I am looking forward to your comments.
>
> Crawford: I would be especially interested in your opinions.
>
> Here they are:
>
> 1. Item1391: < div > disappears in Rich-Text-Editor
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1391
>
> 2. Item1392: Cursor jumps to beginning unintendedly in WYSIWYG-editor
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1392
>
> 3. Item1393: The Macro % CODE % is currupted by the Rich-Text-Editor
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1393
>
> 4. Item1394: % PINK % is converted in the Rich Text Editor
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1394
>
> 5. Item1395: Backspace will adapt formatting of previous line in
> WYSIWYG-editor
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1394
>
> 6. Item1396: Improve formatting and conversion of links in WYSIWYG-
> editor
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1396
>
> 7. Item1397: Typewriter-Formatting does not work in Rich Text Editor
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1397
>
> Here are all open WysiwygPlugin-Issues:
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/WysiwygPlugin
>
> So, please welcome Ralf Krüger as our new Foswiki Community member. :-)
>
> Best regards
>
> Martin Seibert
> //SEIBERT/MEDIA/CONSULTING
>
> //SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH / Rheingau Palais
>    Söhnleinstraße 8 / 65201 Wiesbaden
>    GF: J.Seibert und M.Seibert / AG Wiesbaden: HRB11502
>
>    T.+49-611-20570-20 / F.+49-611-20570-70
>    [hidden email]
>    www.seibert-media.net / http://blog.seibert-media.net

Re: Problems with the Foswiki Rich Text Editor: Documented by new community member Ralf Krüger

Arthur Clemens

On 31 mrt 2009, at 12:16, Eugen Mayer wrote:

> Beside all the informations.
>
> Why should we know that it is  a customer of Seiber Media? I mean,
> is it
> a customer of you, which needs support, which we should provide, and
> thats what you gonna tell us?

I don't read the mail like this. It is just providing context to a
user that provides us feedback. Or?

Arthur

Re: Problems with the Foswiki Rich Text Editor: Documented by new community member Ralf Krüger

Michael Daum

thanks so much for taking your time to creating these bugreports! We
don't get screencasts in bug reports that often. Quite intriguing to see
the below bugs "in action".

On Monday 30 March 2009, Martin Seibert wrote:
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1391
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1392
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1393
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1394
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1394
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1396
> http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1397

Still, I agree  with Eugen that there's quite a lot of marketing
for your company, on Foswiki, Martin. Let's sharpen a bit our awareness of
Open Source ethics, i.e. when bringing together community & commerce business models.

Basically, a lot of Foswiki's marketing also includes marketing
for seibert media, sometimes not that obvious. I am not going so far as to say that
this is a surreptitious advertising done by purpose. There's nothing wrong with advertising in general
but cutting it down in areas where it actually is of no obvious use would be fine.

For instance, Foswiki's marketing should be targetted at Foswiki only. Please try
to take off the seibert media cap when you put on the head-of-foswiki-marketing
cap to make the message itself more precise.

Whatever. We should focus on Foswiki, i.e. the reported Wysiwyg bugs above.

Ralf, thanks again for taking your time to create this very illustrative
bug reports. Looking forward to get more of that stuff.

        Michael.