Query search - the list of topics with topic names not camelized

Query search - the list of topics with topic names not camelized

Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]
Dear all,
On my WIKI I have the list of related topics at the end of each topic - e.g. http://ibis-wiki.cit.nih.gov/foswiki/Main/SystemHelp/AddSubject

That list is defined as a search result for topics which are children of a given topic, e.g.
                       "AddSubject, AddingAttachments, AddingMonitorQuery,
AddingSubjectsToStudy,
AttachmentsAndAttachmentCategories, DeletingASubject,
EditASubjectVisit, EditingSubject"

We have client that complains that topic names appear as WIKI words (e.g. camelized) and she wants to see topic names as she called normal names - not AddSubject but "Add Subject".

I wonder if it is possible?
I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you!
Olga

Re: Query search - the list of topics with topic names not camelized

George Clark-2
Hi Olga,

See http://foswiki.org/System/VarSPACEOUT

You can use it in the format of the search, for ex:      %SEARCH{"..."
format="[[$percntSPACEOUT{$topic}$percnt]]"}%

You need to include the [[ ]] because once spaced out, it won't link as
a wikiword.  And the $percnt is required to delay the macro so it
expands in the search results, instead of as input to the search.

George

On 02/19/2014 09:28 AM, Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C] wrote:

> Dear all,
> On my WIKI I have the list of related topics at the end of each topic - e.g. http://ibis-wiki.cit.nih.gov/foswiki/Main/SystemHelp/AddSubject
>
> That list is defined as a search result for topics which are children of a given topic, e.g.
>                        "AddSubject, AddingAttachments, AddingMonitorQuery,
> AddingSubjectsToStudy,
> AttachmentsAndAttachmentCategories, DeletingASubject,
> EditASubjectVisit, EditingSubject"
>
> We have client that complains that topic names appear as WIKI words (e.g. camelized) and she wants to see topic names as she called normal names - not AddSubject but "Add Subject".
>
> I wonder if it is possible?
> I would appreciate any suggestions.
> Thank you!
> Olga

Re: Query search - the list of topics with topic names not camelized

Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]
Hi George,
Thank you very much!
It works, but with a little different syntaxes:

%SEARCH{
   "parent.name='DataRepositoryTools'"
   type="query"
   nonoise="on"
   format="[[$topic][$percntSPACEOUT{$topic}$percnt]]"
   separator=", "
}%

Thank you!
My picky client should be satisfied.