Quantcast

Re: EditChapterPlugin WYSIWYG enhancement

Re: EditChapterPlugin WYSIWYG enhancement

Paul.W Harvey
Apart from changing the JS (from $('#button_save_new').click() to $('#save_new').click()).

This modification does the job... It still seems more kludgy than I'd like. It's running in my test/staging environment, but I will think more about whether to take this over to the live site or not.

Thank you very much for your assistance, it's saved me a lot of time. I am supposed to keep our installation as close to mainstream as possible, which means this gives me a good starting point to perhaps make a patch that could be rolled into the next version of EditChapter. At a minimum I don't want to rely on Timeout events.

Thanks again

- Paul

Re: EditChapterPlugin WYSIWYG enhancement

Crawford Currie
[hidden email] wrote:
> At a minimum I don't want to rely on Timeout events.

Absolutely, and there's no reason you should have to. The timeout is
waiting for the completion of the toggle editor command, which is being
called to force the conversion of the DOM tree that represents the
edited text back to the plain text in the textarea. This can be achieved
much more easily, by directly calling the JS function that handles this
conversion. See the function "switchToRaw" in foswiki_tiny_src.js (and
the "transform" method in the same class)

Regards,

C.

--
Crawford Currie