Release 1.0.5 beta 1 for test in development community

Release 1.0.5 beta 1 for test in development community

Kenneth Lavrsen
Hello community members

We need an urgent verification of release 1.0.5 beta 1

The real 1.0.5 will be released Saturday afternoon European time so we
do not have much time

1.0.5 fixes roughly 25 new bugs - among them some that are important and
requires you consider planning an upgrade of production sites this weekend.

The URL is like last time I did betas my home web server

http://www.lavrsen.dk/misc/foswiki105beta1/

Kenneth

Re: Release 1.0.5 beta 1 for test in development community

Enrique Cadalso Quero
Hello

When installing ImageGalleryPlugin in Foswiki Release 1.0.5 beta 1 in Ubuntu 8.10 I receive this error.

Fetching http://foswiki.org/pub/Extensions/ImageGalleryPlugin/ImageGalleryPlugin.tgz...
Unpacking...
ImageGalleryPlugin_installer
lib/
lib/TWiki/
lib/TWiki/Plugins/
lib/TWiki/Plugins/ImageGalleryPlugin/
lib/TWiki/Plugins/ImageGalleryPlugin/Core.pm
lib/TWiki/Plugins/ImageGalleryPlugin.pm
pub/
pub/TWiki/
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-right-gray.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-left.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/cascade.jpg
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/wave.jpg
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/cross.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/wintermountains.jpg
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-right.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-left-gray.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/style.css
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-end-gray.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-start.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-end.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/wikiringlogo40x40.png
pub/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin/control-start-gray.png
data/
data/TWiki/
data/TWiki/VarIMAGEGALLERY.txt
data/TWiki/VarNRIMAGES.txt
data/TWiki/ImageGalleryPlugin.txt
data/Main/
data/Main/UserListByPhotograph.txt
Running from configure, disabling CPAN

### ImageGalleryPlugin Installer ###

This installer must be run from the root directory of your Foswiki
installation.
    * You can abort the script at any point and re-run it later
    * If you answer 'no' to any questions you can always re-run
      the script again later
Checking dependency on Graphics::Magick....
*** ImageGalleryPlugin depends on cpan package Graphics::Magick >=1.1.11
which is described as "Required."
But when I tried to find it I got this error:

Can't locate Graphics/Magick.pm

Checking dependency on Image::Magick....
Error: Installer returned errors:
Argument "6.2.4.5" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at /var/www/foswiki/tools/extender.pl line 240.
You may be able to resolve these errors and complete the installation from the command line, so I will leave the installed files where they are.
Installation finished.

Note: Before you can use newly installed plugins, you must enable them in the "Plugins" section in the main page.

Return to configuration

But when installed manually it works ok. I have installed imagemagick and perlmagic Ubuntu packages. I found this already reported in http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1488 so problem persist.

Everything else works OK. I can install other plugins using the configure script (tested with FormPlugin)

Regards

Enrique.
We need an urgent verification of release 1.0.5 beta 1

The real 1.0.5 will be released Saturday afternoon European time so we
do not have much time

1.0.5 fixes roughly 25 new bugs - among them some that are important and
requires you consider planning an upgrade of production sites this weekend.

The URL is like last time I did betas my home web server

http://www.lavrsen.dk/misc/foswiki105beta1/

Kenneth

Enrique Cadalso Quero
Copextel Villa Clara
Jabber: cadalso_vc

Re: Release 1.0.5 beta 1 for test in development community

Olivier 'Babar' Raginel
On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 08:48:48AM -0500, Enrique Cadalso Quero wrote:
>      Error: Installer returned errors:
> Argument "6.2.4.5" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at /var/www/foswiki/tools/ex
> tender.pl line 240.

>    But when installed manually it works ok. I have installed imagemagick
>    and perlmagic Ubuntu packages. I found this already reported in
>    http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1488 so problem persist.
>    Everything else works OK. I can install other plugins using the
>    configure script (tested with FormPlugin)

That's because of http://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item1509

Should be fixed "soonish".

--
Babar.