Quantcast

Russian support (UTF-8)

Dmitriy Lyalyuev
Hello.

I'm trying to set up support for the Russian language wiki. It turns out
nothing. Russian language appears in the texts, but can't configure
WikiWords.

When LocaleRegexes=1, UseLocale=1, Site Locale = ru_RU.utf8 Russian
words are not recognized as the WikiWords. If LocaleRegexes=0 and filled
UpperNational and LowerNational all the Russian words are recognized as
a valid WikiWord. Even in lowercase.

Who can help with the configure wiki?

# uname-a
Linux wiki 3.2.0-24-virtual #37-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 25 12:51:49 UTC 2012
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

# perl-v

This is a perl 5, version 14, subversion 2 (v5.14.2) built for
i686-linux-gnu-thread-multi-64int
(with 56 registered patches, see perl-V for more detail)

# locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=en_US:en
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

# locale-a
C.UTF-8
en_AG
en_AG.utf8
en_AU.utf8
en_BW.utf8
en_CA.utf8
en_DK.utf8
en_GB.utf8
en_HK.utf8
en_IE.utf8
en_IN
en_IN.utf8
en_NG
en_NG.utf8
en_NZ.utf8
en_PH.utf8
en_SG.utf8
en_US.iso88591
en_US.utf8
en_ZA.utf8
en_ZM
en_ZM.utf8
en_ZW.utf8
POSIX
ru_RU.iso88591
ru_RU.iso88595
ru_RU.utf8
ru_UA.utf8

--
Dmitriy Lyalyuev
http://lyalyuev.info

Re: Russian support (UTF-8)

Stefanos Kouzof
UTF-8 support is not fully implemented yet, and CamelCase works fine only in English. Support is scheduled for version 2 (two releases in the future).
Of course you can allways use brackets: [[TopicName in english][Title in Russian]]

Stefanos

___________________________

        E r g o Q
   Process Management
___________________________
  i4G Business Incubator
21 Antoni Tritsi str, 57001
   Thessaloniki, Greece
   Tel. +30 2310 804922
   Fax  +30 2310 804920
   http://www.ergoq.gr

2013/10/30 Dmitriy Lyalyuev <[hidden email]>
[...]

Michael Daum-2
Hi Dmitriy,

international WikiWords don't work, sorry.

In fact I'd argue to disable automatic linking of WikiWords all together using

   * Set NOAUTOLINK = on

in your SitePreferences. Instead, use explicit linking using the bracket notation [[...]].

Then use

$Foswiki::cfg{UseLocale} = 0;
$Foswiki::cfg{Site}{LocaleRegexes} = 1;
$Foswiki::cfg{Ldap}{CharSet} = 'utf-8';

If you still would like to enable locales, then remove the -T flag from all perl scripts.
You can't have both: locales and taintedness checks enabled in perl.

Locales in perl inject a lot of tainted strings coming from the system. As such perl isn't
able to distinguish strings that rightfully should be considered tainted coming from the user.

Michael.

--
-- Michael Daum Consulting
-- Wissensmanagement und Intranet-Technologie