Quantcast

UpdateAttachmentPlugin missing readdir

Raymond Lutz
Greetings:

I used to use UpdateAttachmentPlugin with no problem (a long time ago) but now it is complaining as follows:

-----------------------
Foswiki detected an internal error - please check your Foswiki logs and webserver logs for more information.

Undefined subroutine &Foswiki::Plugins::UpdateAttachmentsPlugin::Core::readdir called
-------------

I have reinstalled it. It looks like it may be due to a cut and paste of UNICODE code.

Sorry to have to admit I am still on V1.1.9 as I never did complete the upgrade to 2.x.x

Is there a way to go to an earlier version of the plugin that was not yet "enhanced" with that section "shamelessly pasted" into the Core.pm module of  UpdateAttachmentsPlugin??

Thanks in advance

--Ray Lutz

Re: UpdateAttachmentPlugin missing readdir

George Clark-2
Hi Ray,

I've opened a Task:  https://foswiki.org/Tasks/Item14178

Looks like this one was my fault.  I'll get working on an update to it, to fix the backwards compatibility.

In the meantime you can get older versions of plugins by manually downloading older revisions of the attachments from the Extensions web.    I've not tried them, but:

Or,  on Foswiki 1.1.9,  if you previously used the "extension installer" rather than a unzip to install, Foswiki should have created a backup of the old extension in the working/configure/backup directory.

George Clark