User mapping and %SEARCH%

Alan
Hello,

I'm using LdapUserMapping, and my user login is set as the
administrator in $Foswiki::cfg{AdminUserLogin}.

When I create/change a topic, the author becomes
"BaseUserMapping_333".  This is stored in the topic.txt and
topic.txt,v file, but I see the normal username in the web interface.
I don't like it, but I can live with it.

The problem is when I use %SEARCH% and specify the normal username, it
won't match topics authored by "BaseUerMapping_333".

Should the AdminUserLogin be able to author topics?  In that case this
looks like a bug.

Re: User mapping and %SEARCH%

George Clark-2
Hello,

The AdminUserLogin is not intended to be assigned to users.  It's a
special internal account that is active in the Base mapper regardless of
the configured user mapper (Ldap, Topic, etc.)   The Admin user login is
always accessed using the password set when saving the configuration.
The password for that account is stored.   The account is defined with:

$Foswiki::cfg{AdminUserLogin} = 'admin';
$Foswiki::cfg{AdminUserWikiName} = 'AdminUser';
$Foswiki::cfg{Password} = (the hashed password)

You can assign admin rights to other accounts by adding them to the
AdminGroup  (Group name configured by $Foswiki::cfg{SuperAdminGroup})

The BaseUserMapping_333 is the canonical User ID  (cUID), which is an
internal representation of the accounts managed by the Base mapper.  If
you are seeing these accounts in the author fields, then the mappers
have become confused.

I'd recommend returning the AdminUser configuration to the default
settings.   These are flagged as "expert" settings and are recommended
to not be changed.  Keep that id / password as a "last resort", and use
the groups to add admin rights to your personal ID.

George Clark

On 08/17/2014 11:11 PM, Alan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using LdapUserMapping, and my user login is set as the
> administrator in $Foswiki::cfg{AdminUserLogin}.
>
> When I create/change a topic, the author becomes
> "BaseUserMapping_333".  This is stored in the topic.txt and
> topic.txt,v file, but I see the normal username in the web interface.
> I don't like it, but I can live with it.
>
> The problem is when I use %SEARCH% and specify the normal username, it
> won't match topics authored by "BaseUerMapping_333".
>
> Should the AdminUserLogin be able to author topics?  In that case this
> looks like a bug.

Re: User mapping and %SEARCH%

Alan
Thanks George, I followed your advise and correcting the existing
topics with sed.