Quantcast

Using Foswiki under an existing site

Tom Browder
I have an existing, public site, running under Apache 2.4+, with a
subdirectory accessible only to approved SSL/TLS cert holders.

Can I start a Foswiki under the private subdirectory without a lot of
conflicts? Can anyone point to such an installation?

Thanks.

Warmest regards,

-Tom

Re: Using Foswiki under an existing site

Chris Hoefler
Yes, you should be able to. Just configure your Foswiki paths appropriately (ex: a /foswiki subdirectory in your protected subdirectory). The ApacheConfigGenerator helps with this.

http://foswiki.org/Support/NewApacheConfigGenerator

Just remember that, in addition to http.conf, you also have to set these paths during installation while running the /bin/configure script.

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Tom Browder <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have an existing, public site, running under Apache 2.4+, with a
subdirectory accessible only to approved SSL/TLS cert holders.

Can I start a Foswiki under the private subdirectory without a lot of
conflicts? Can anyone point to such an installation?

Thanks.

Warmest regards,

-Tom

Chris Hoefler, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Associate
Straight Lab
Texas A&M University
2128 TAMU
College Station, TX 77843-2128

Re: Using Foswiki under an existing site

George Clark-2
If you are using Apache 2.4 I'd recommend http://foswiki.org/Support/ApacheConfigGenerator24

Apache 2.4 changed some configuration syntax. The other generators need mod_access_compat enabled

George

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Chris Hoefler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, you should be able to. Just configure your Foswiki paths appropriately
> (ex: a /foswiki subdirectory in your protected subdirectory). The
> ApacheConfigGenerator helps with this.
>
> http://foswiki.org/Support/NewApacheConfigGenerator
>
> Just remember that, in addition to http.conf, you also have to set these
> paths during installation while running the /bin/configure script.

Thanks, Chris.

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:19 AM, George Clark <[hidden email]> wrote:
> If you are using Apache 2.4 I'd recommend
> http://foswiki.org/Support/ApacheConfigGenerator24
>
> Apache 2.4 changed some configuration syntax. The other generators need
> mod_access_compat enabled

Thanks, George.

-Tom