blog.foswiki.org needs a new hoster

Martin Seibert
Hi Michael, hi Crawford, hi Fowiki-Community,

my name is Martin Seibert. And years ago I tried to push Foswiki marketing with you guys. We set up a blog on our servers and mapped it with blog.foswiki.org. You've run it ever since.

Problem is, that we're closing down the server it runs on and can no longer provide support for it. An update from the installed WordPress version 1.9.1 to the current version 3.5.x is also highly recommended for security reasons.

Please discuss how you want to solve the hosting in the future and tell us as soon as possible.

By the way: Please keep on rocking, folks! :-D

Viele Grüße from Germany

Martin Seibert

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH, T. +49-611-20570-20
Vollständiges Profil und Impressum: http://seibert.biz/mseibert

============================
Tools4AgileTeams Konferenz am 7. November 2013 in Wiesbaden: www.tools4agileteams.com
============================

Erfahren Sie mehr über unsere Dienstleistungen:
http://foswiki.seibert-media.net/

Re: blog.foswiki.org needs a new hoster

Colas Nahaboo
Foswikiers, I can offer free hosting if needed. I have an unlimited hosting plan on dreamhost, shared apache hosting but with ssh/ftp access, so it does not cost me anything to offer added hosting (without registrar for the domain names). I have just done that for our local usability association to host their wordpress blog.

But I guess others foswikiers have similar hosting offers, too... since foswiki.org uses dreamhost already as a registrar.

Anyways, Martin, thanks for the help during all these years!

Colas.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Martin Seibert <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Michael, hi Crawford, hi Fowiki-Community,

my name is Martin Seibert. And years ago I tried to push Foswiki marketing with you guys. We set up a blog on our servers and mapped it with blog.foswiki.org. You've run it ever since.

Problem is, that we're closing down the server it runs on and can no longer provide support for it. An update from the installed WordPress version 1.9.1 to the current version 3.5.x is also highly recommended for security reasons.

Please discuss how you want to solve the hosting in the future and tell us as soon as possible.

By the way: Please keep on rocking, folks! :-D

Viele Grüße from Germany

Martin Seibert

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH, T. <a href="tel:%2B49-611-20570-20" value="+496112057020">+49-611-20570-20
Vollständiges Profil und Impressum: http://seibert.biz/mseibert

============================
Tools4AgileTeams Konferenz am 7. November 2013 in Wiesbaden: www.tools4agileteams.com
============================

Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

Re: blog.foswiki.org needs a new hoster

Crawford Currie
Sorry for being slow to respond to this; I've been stuck in Guernsey (snowed in!) for the last few days.

This is a very generous offer from Colas; there was talk some time ago about moving the blog content from wordpress back to Foswiki, in which case it could be hosted on foswiki.org, but I'm not sure what the status of this was. One of the drivers was Michael Daum who is on holiday at the moment. Martin, do you have a deadline for shutting down the wordpress server?

Thanks,

C.

On 11/03/13 12:13, Colas Nahaboo wrote:
[...]

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH, T. <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B49-611-20570-20" value="+496112057020">+49-611-20570-20
Vollständiges Profil und Impressum: http://seibert.biz/mseibert

============================
Tools4AgileTeams Konferenz am 7. November 2013 in Wiesbaden: www.tools4agileteams.com
============================

Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

http://p.sf.net/sfu/symantec-dev2dev

Crawford Currie - Owner, C-Dot Consultants - landline: +44-1606-330-242 - mobile: +44-7837-877-956 - skype: cdot-uk - public key http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=Crawford+Currie

Re: blog.foswiki.org needs a new hoster

Michael Daum-3
On Thursday 14 March 2013 08:17:52 Crawford Currie wrote:
> Michael Daum who is on holiday at the moment.

No. That's been Sven and Arthur setting up a second blog.

> Martin, do you have a deadline for shutting down the wordpress server?

This is an InfrastructureTeam task. People to contact for this task are:

   * SvenDowideit (lead),
   * KoenMartens,
   * CrawfordCurrie,
   * KwangErnLiew,
   * OliverKrueger,
   * OlivierRaginel,
   * WillNorris,
   * ColasNahaboo,
   * KennethLavrsen,
   * GeorgeClark,
   * PaulHarvey

If any of these guys doesn't feel like having time taking care then please consider
removing yourself from the participants list at  http://foswiki.org/Community/InfrastructureTaskTeam.

Michael.

--
-- Board Member Foswiki Association e.V.
-- http://foswiki.org/Main/MichaelDaum

Re: blog.foswiki.org needs a new hoster

Colas Nahaboo
Mmm, my offer cannot work "as is". foswiki.org is using Dreamhost as a registrar, and there is no way (confirmed today by Dreamhost support) to host blog.fowsiki.org on my dreamhost account, as foswiki.org is managed on another dreamhost account. (it works when the registrar is not dreamhost). The solutions I can see:
  • Foswiki.org is moved to another registrar (which I recommend in general: I advise to separate the registrar from the hosting companies, I use personally  gandi.net as its legal conditions are the most favorable to customers)
  • The Foswiki Association buy some hosting plan (on DreamHost or elsewhere)
  • Another foswikier can provide hosting (not on dreamhost)
  • The blog could be hosted on the current foswiki server (I am not in favor for it, traffic (crawlers) on wordpress could slow down foswiki, which would be bad for the foswiki engine reputation)
  • Foswiki.org domain is transfered to my dreamhost account (I am not in favor for it. Domain name proprerty is in my opinion quite critical and should be the property of the Association, in some formal way)
Please advise,
Colas.

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Colas Nahaboo <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH, T. <a href="tel:%2B49-611-20570-20" value="+496112057020" target="_blank">+49-611-20570-20
Vollständiges Profil und Impressum: http://seibert.biz/mseibert

============================
Tools4AgileTeams Konferenz am 7. November 2013 in Wiesbaden: www.tools4agileteams.com
============================

Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

--
Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

Re: blog.foswiki.org needs a new hoster

Sven Dowideit
I'm currently setting up an account, vhost and wordpress for blog.foswiki.org on dreamhost

this will mean that the dns for the existing blog will be disrupted for a little - until i set up some redirects.

On 03/17/2013 09:23 PM, Colas Nahaboo wrote:
[...]

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH, T. <a moz-do-not-send="true" href="tel:%2B49-611-20570-20" value="+496112057020" target="_blank">+49-611-20570-20
Vollständiges Profil und Impressum: http://seibert.biz/mseibert

============================
Tools4AgileTeams Konferenz am 7. November 2013 in Wiesbaden: www.tools4agileteams.com
============================

Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

--
Colas Nahaboo - http://colas.nahaboo.net

Re: blog.foswiki.org moved.

Sven Dowideit
Hello everyone :)

I've set up a wordpress, imported the users and posts, and started to
install and configure the plugins.

I need to get a backup of the attached images and the theme, and then we
need to finish setting up plugins - but it seems to be up and running

Stay tuned
Sven