new extension JsonSQLPlugin

Chris Hoefler
Hi Foswiki-ers,

I just wanted to briefly announce that I finally managed to pull together some loose ends and was able to make an initial public release of a new Foswiki extension that I have been developing for almost a year.

It is a plugin that uses the CPAN module JsonSQL to generate SQL from a standardized JSON format. Then it runs the query on a preconfigured DB and returns the result as JSON for rendering by JsRender or similar.

I know it is a bit of a heavy package for most Foswiki end users, but I just wanted to put a note here for people who may be interested in using a portion of their Foswiki installation as a frontend for an SQL database.

https://foswiki.org/Extensions/JsonSQLPlugin

Enjoy!

Best,
Chris

Re: new extension JsonSQLPlugin

Michael Daum-3
Awesome.

Would you like to create a write-up describing in more detail how you happened to develop
it and how you use it? This would actually make a nice blog posting on

https://blog.foswiki.org/Blog/WebHome

Cheers,
Michael.

--
-- Board Member Foswiki Association e.V.
-- http://foswiki.org/Main/MichaelDaum

Re: new extension JsonSQLPlugin

Crawford Currie
Hi Chris,

Interesting idea, thanks for sharing!

C.

On 02/08/17 05:24, Chris Hoefler wrote:
[...]

Sure can. It's an evolving story, but I'll describe how it came to be.

Best,
Chris

On Wednesday, August 02, 2017 09:00:30 Chris Hoefler wrote:
> Sure can. It's an evolving story, but I'll describe how it came to be.

Excellent. I just added you to

https://blog.foswiki.org/Main/BlogAuthorGroup

Let me know if you'd like me having a look at it before publishing it.

Michael.