please welcome a new foswiki developer

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

please welcome a new foswiki developer

Sven Dowideit
Hello all Foswiki developers

May the bugs fear your name, and may the fork be with you!

Please all, a warm welcome for a new developer, Raymond Lutz.

(Raymond, sorry for the delay, i'm mostly away looking after our 7 week
old twins)

Thank you for joining the 6 month and 21 days old Foswiki project.

Guidelines:

If you are new to development, you are best to begin with:

    * http://www.foswiki.org/Development/GettingStarted

If you are already familiar with the way we do things:

    * http://www.foswiki.org/Development/DevelopersBible

Please subscribe to the svn and discuss mailing lists:

    * https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-discuss
    * https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-svn

Please be aware that things are in svn are in flux, for example the
Release branch is currently not in use, we're working on trunk.

For anyone else interested the process to get added to the commit list
is to fill in http://foswiki.org/Development/RequestAccessToSubversion.

Have fun,

The foswiki infrastructure team.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal Reports - New Free Runtime and 30 Day Trial
Check out the new simplified licensing option that enables
unlimited royalty-free distribution of the report engine
for externally facing server and web deployment.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects
_______________________________________________
Foswiki-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: please welcome a new foswiki developer

Raymond Lutz
Thanks! I have some bug-fixes and enhancements that apply to the
PublishPlugin and will allow us to provide static landing pages that
will satisfy the need outlined on this list re: WordPress and blogging.

Next, I want to work toward a demo of a email integration set of plugins
that will allow this listserve to wind up on a topic so we can actually
resolve some of the issues that come up.

I don't have a lot of time to develop but I do want to steer the group
toward proactive enhancements that leverage the strong points of FW and
away from reinventing the wheel for blogging lookalikes, for example.

I will do my best to respect the methodology you have set up for
development. I have quite a bit of experience with establishing and
running technical organizations. I founded and ran the Multifunction
Products Association (mfpa.org) that promoted printer-scanner-fax-copier
products, although that org is no longer active.

--Raymond

P.S. Congrats on your twins. You will be busy.

Sven Dowideit wrote:

> Hello all Foswiki developers
>
> May the bugs fear your name, and may the fork be with you!
>
> Please all, a warm welcome for a new developer, Raymond Lutz.
>
> (Raymond, sorry for the delay, i'm mostly away looking after our 7 week
> old twins)
>
> Thank you for joining the 6 month and 21 days old Foswiki project.
>
> Guidelines:
>
> If you are new to development, you are best to begin with:
>
>     * http://www.foswiki.org/Development/GettingStarted
>
> If you are already familiar with the way we do things:
>
>     * http://www.foswiki.org/Development/DevelopersBible
>
> Please subscribe to the svn and discuss mailing lists:
>
>     * https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-discuss
>     * https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-svn
>
> Please be aware that things are in svn are in flux, for example the
> Release branch is currently not in use, we're working on trunk.
>
> For anyone else interested the process to get added to the commit list
> is to fill in http://foswiki.org/Development/RequestAccessToSubversion.
>
> Have fun,
>
> The foswiki infrastructure team.
>
>
>  

--
---------------------------------------
Raymond Lutz
Cognisys, Inc.                
1010 Old Chase Ave., Bldg B            
El Cajon (San Diego Cty), CA 92020 USA
Voice 619-447-3246
http//www.cognisys.com


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal Reports - New Free Runtime and 30 Day Trial
Check out the new simplified licensing option that enables
unlimited royalty-free distribution of the report engine
for externally facing server and web deployment.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects
_______________________________________________
Foswiki-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: please welcome a new foswiki developer

Sven Dowideit
Raymond Lutz wrote:
> Thanks! I have some bug-fixes and enhancements that apply to the
> PublishPlugin and will allow us to provide static landing pages that
> will satisfy the need outlined on this list re: WordPress and blogging.
cool :) wesure would like to see some more people working on the key
plugins.
>
> Next, I want to work toward a demo of a email integration set of
> plugins that will allow this listserve to wind up on a topic so we can
> actually resolve some of the issues that come up.
so a modification on the old MailInContrib? you might like to make a
discussion topic - as others might be able to simplify and extend the
idea :)
>
> I don't have a lot of time to develop but I do want to steer the group
> toward proactive enhancements that leverage the strong points of FW
> and away from reinventing the wheel for blogging lookalikes, for example.
mmmm, so far, I've seen our developers work on the things they are
interested in, or in the rare cases, what they are sponsored to develop
- I guess what I'm saying is that steering isn't the right word/approach
- especially as there are enough contributors that enjoy (and learn
from) reinventing the wheel.
>
> I will do my best to respect the methodology you have set up for
> development. I have quite a bit of experience with establishing and
> running technical organizations. I founded and ran the Multifunction
> Products Association (mfpa.org) that promoted
> printer-scanner-fax-copier products, although that org is no longer
> active.
cool ! we could do with more perspectives on our Association and
methodologies
>
> --Raymond
>
> P.S. Congrats on your twins. You will be busy.
sure am :)

>
> Sven Dowideit wrote:
>> Hello all Foswiki developers
>>
>> May the bugs fear your name, and may the fork be with you!
>>
>> Please all, a warm welcome for a new developer, Raymond Lutz.
>>
>> (Raymond, sorry for the delay, i'm mostly away looking after our 7 week
>> old twins)
>>
>> Thank you for joining the 6 month and 21 days old Foswiki project.
>>
>> Guidelines:
>>
>> If you are new to development, you are best to begin with:
>>
>>     * http://www.foswiki.org/Development/GettingStarted
>>
>> If you are already familiar with the way we do things:
>>
>>     * http://www.foswiki.org/Development/DevelopersBible
>>
>> Please subscribe to the svn and discuss mailing lists:
>>
>>     * https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-discuss
>>     * https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-svn
>>
>> Please be aware that things are in svn are in flux, for example the
>> Release branch is currently not in use, we're working on trunk.
>>
>> For anyone else interested the process to get added to the commit list
>> is to fill in http://foswiki.org/Development/RequestAccessToSubversion.
>>
>> Have fun,
>>
>> The foswiki infrastructure team.
>>
>>
>>  
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crystal Reports - New Free Runtime and 30 Day Trial
Check out the new simplified licensing option that enables
unlimited royalty-free distribution of the report engine
for externally facing server and web deployment.
http://p.sf.net/sfu/businessobjects
_______________________________________________
Foswiki-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/foswiki-discuss