problem with PDF printing via Generate PDF Add-On in Firefox

problem with PDF printing via Generate PDF Add-On in Firefox

Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]

Dear all,

I installed HTMLdoc and now the plug-in works but still with some problems.

It looks like it works but only partially in Firefox

For example, go to this page - http://ibis-wiki.cit.nih.gov/foswiki/Main/ProFoRMSHelp/WebHome

And click the PDF icon.

In my case, I am being transferred to the PDF view which shows me a black screen,

But when I click the download icon on this screen, it downloads PDF OK.

I am using Firefox ver 17.

What I am using IE or and Chrome and they both work fine.

I wonder if this problem with Firefox can be fixed?

Thank you!

Olga Vovk

<:3)))~~~~

SRA contractor

NIH/CIT/DCB/BIRSS

NIH campus, Building 12A, room # 2015

Re: problem with PDF printing via Generate PDF Add-On in Firefox

Diab Jerius
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I installed HTMLdoc and now the plug-in works but still with some problems.
>
> It looks like it works but only partially in Firefox
>
> For example, go to this page -
> http://ibis-wiki.cit.nih.gov/foswiki/Main/ProFoRMSHelp/WebHome
>
> And click the PDF icon.
>
> In my case, I am being transferred to the PDF view which shows me a black
> screen,
>
> But when I click the download icon on this screen, it downloads PDF OK.
>

> I am using Firefox ver 17.
>
> What I am using IE or and Chrome and they both work fine.

What platform are you on?  What is your Firefox setting for the
default PDF viewer?  On the Linux version of Firefox (dunno about any
other one), go to Edit/Preferences, select Applications and look for
"PDF file".

Re: problem with PDF printing via Generate PDF Add-On in Firefox

Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]
Hi Diab,
It is nice to hear from you.
How are you?
I am using Windows Vista (that is not my choice, but I have to).
I tried to change Firefox Settings for viewing PDF files.
On Windows they are available via Tools >Options> Applications.
I changed them from viewing PDFs in Firefox to viewing PDF sin Adobe Reader  and _it works_!

Thank you very much!

Olga Vovk
<:3)))~~~~
SRA contractor
NIH/CIT/DCB/BIRSS
NIH campus, Building 12A, room # 2015
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C] <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I installed HTMLdoc and now the plug-in works but still with some problems.
>
> It looks like it works but only partially in Firefox
>
> For example, go to this page -
> http://ibis-wiki.cit.nih.gov/foswiki/Main/ProFoRMSHelp/WebHome
>
> And click the PDF icon.
>
> In my case, I am being transferred to the PDF view which shows me a
> black screen,
>
> But when I click the download icon on this screen, it downloads PDF OK.
>

> I am using Firefox ver 17.
>
> What I am using IE or and Chrome and they both work fine.

What platform are you on?  What is your Firefox setting for the default PDF viewer?  On the Linux version of Firefox (dunno about any other one), go to Edit/Preferences, select Applications and look for "PDF file".

Introducing Performance Central, a new site from SourceForge and AppDynamics. Performance Central is your source for news, insights, analysis and resources for efficient Application Performance Management.
Visit us today!

Re: problem with PDF printing via Generate PDF Add-On in Firefox

"Dr. Dietmar Köppe"
Hi to all,

I can reproduce this problem.
I'm using Suse Linux 12.3; FF 23.
Using FF internal viewer I see a dark grey screen with a progress bar (but no progress is indicated) in the middle.
To see the PDF I have to download it and use a separate viewer.
Switching FF to an external viewer like Okular, the file is immediately displayed.

FF produces the follwing error message:
Zeitstempel: 26.08.2013 17:52:54
Fehler: Error: Invalid outline item
Quelldatei: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="resource://pdf.js/build/pdf.js">resource://pdf.js/build/pdf.js
Zeile: 761
Dietmar

Am 23.08.2013 15:37, schrieb Vovk, Olga (NIH/CIT) [C]:
Hi Diab,
It is nice to hear from you.
How are you?
I am using Windows Vista (that is not my choice, but I have to).
I tried to change Firefox Settings for viewing PDF files.
On Windows they are available via Tools >Options> Applications.
I changed them from viewing PDFs in Firefox to viewing PDF sin Adobe Reader  and _it works_!

Thank you very much!

Olga Vovk
<:3)))~~~~
SRA contractor
NIH/CIT/DCB/BIRSS
NIH campus, Building 12A, room # 2015

Re: problem with PDF printing via Generate PDF Add-On in Firefox

Diab Jerius
I'm running Firefox 23 under Debian 6, and have configured it to use
the internal PDF previewer. I see the same grey screen with progress
bar under Firefox 23 (Debian 6) on Olga's site.  However, on an
internal site  (Foswiki v1.1.6, GenPDF AddOn 1.2) it displays a
generated PDF fine, although Firefox puts up a notice that the PDF
might not be rendered properly.

Olga,  which version of htmldoc did you install?

Diab