Quantcast

question about NatEdit customization

Chris Hoefler
We've been using NatEdit with Foswiki 1.1.9 for some time. It's a great editor and we love it, but I wanted to add some more buttons to the toolbar. Some buttons are just for convenience, like for superscript or subscript, and others are to allow non-technical users to enter things like Greek symbols as html entities easily.

To customize the toolbar I ended up editing jquery.natedit.js directly, but I noticed in the trunk version for Foswiki 1.2, there have been some significant changes to the code and it looks like it might be easier to customize now. If I'm understanding how it works correctly, I should be able to write a new Plugin package that includes some additional tmpl for the new buttons and edit the livequery handler to replace $(this).natedit() with $(this).natedit(opts), where opts will be the configuration code for the new buttons (ex: subMarkup: ['<sub>', "Subscript text", "</sub>"]). Is that the basic idea, or is there a better/preferred way to do this?

Also, since I'm not a JS guru, can I define additional $.NatEditor.prototype functions in an external plugin? The reason for this would be to define additional dialogs for some other button ideas I have....

Two questions on Classification plugin.

BramVanOosterhout

Hi there,

I have a "working" version of the Classification plugin installed. For details refer: http://foswiki.org/Support/Question1618

Foswiki 1.1.9, Classification plugin 3.00

My mental model of the plugin leaves a bit to be desired. As a consequence I am stuck with some questions:

--- 1. On the Knowledge.Category page I can see the Test category in the filter box.
I have worked out that a *right click* on that text allows me to create sub categories and I can use these sub categories successfully in the classification of topics.

But what has me stumped is: "How do I create another one of these top classifications?" I have looked around, but I am clearly looking in the wrong places or I don't recognise what I see.

--- 2. I have tried to do a SEARCH on tags. No search returns a topic. In desperation I tried: %SEARCH{parent.name="ClassifiedTopic" type="query"}%

That search returns 1 topic: WebHome. Ironically that is the only topic that does NOT have meta data: %META:TOPICPARENT{name="ClassifiedTopic"}%. The topic does not have a %META:TOPICPARENT{}% entry at all.

None of the topics created in the web, which HAVE meta data %META:TOPICPARENT{name="ClassifiedTopic"}% show as search results.

What am I missing?

--
Bram van Oosterhout

Re: Two questions on Classification plugin.

Chris Hoefler
I don't use ClassificationPlugin, but I think this,
http://foswiki.org/Extensions/ClassificationPlugin#Getting_started

should be the answer your question #1. Your top-level categories are webs, so you need to create a new web if you want a new top-level category. To tag your topics with categories, attach the ClassifiedTopic form and then you will be able to add the meta properties. Or use NatEditPlugin, because I think it has some integrated functionality for editing tags and categories of topics.

For #2, there doesn't appear to be any explicit extension of the SEARCH query language by the plugin, so you will have to search for the meta information directly. I'm not entirely sure what the structure of that is, but it should be fairly apparent after you have created a few classified topics. The %META:FIELD% entries should be named after the form fields used to categorize the topics.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Bram van Oosterhout <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Chris,

1. Categories

Ah, I had not realised that top level category==Web. That explains my fruitless search. I expected to be able to have multiple top level categories as are presented in ClassificationApp.Category. The one TopCategory per web rule explains the behaviour I am observing.

I did work out how to use the ClassifiedTopic form and have created topics with the correct/desired classification.

I have already installed and activated the  NatEdit plugin. I did not realise that the plugin would provide additional capability re tags and categories. So far I have just edited the form on the topic.

Thanks for the confirmation that ClassificatiobPlugin does not extend Search.

I do get strange behaviour with %SEARCH{ ... type='query'}%. The results I get do not match what I think are equivalent %DBQUERY{} invocations. I will investigate further outside the Classification App.

.

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015 10:00:27 -0500, Chris Hoefler wrote

> I don't use ClassificationPlugin, but I think this,
> http://foswiki.org/Extensions/ClassificationPlugin#Getting_started
>
> should be the answer your question #1. Your top-level categories are webs, so you need to create a new web if you want a new top-level category. To tag your topics with categories, attach the ClassifiedTopic form and then you will be able to add the meta properties. Or use NatEditPlugin, because I think it has some integrated functionality for editing tags and categories of topics.
>
> For #2, there doesn't appear to be any explicit extension of the SEARCH query language by the plugin, so you will have to search for the meta information directly. I'm not entirely sure what the structure of that is, but it should be fairly apparent after you have created a few classified topics. The %META:FIELD% entries should be named after the form fields used to categorize the topics.
>
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 8:59 AM, Bram van Oosterhout <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> Hi there,
> I have a "working" version of the Classification plugin installed. For details refer: http://foswiki.org/Support/Question1618
> Foswiki 1.1.9, Classification plugin 3.00
> My mental model of the plugin leaves a bit to be desired. As a consequence I am stuck with some questions:
> --- 1. On the Knowledge.Category page I can see the Test category in the filter box.
> I have worked out that a *right click* on that text allows me to create sub categories and I can use these sub categories successfully in the classification of topics.

> But what has me stumped is: "How do I create another one of these top classifications?" I have looked around, but I am clearly looking in the wrong places or I don't recognise what I see.
> --- 2. I have tried to do a SEARCH on tags. No search returns a topic. In desperation I tried: %SEARCH{parent.name="ClassifiedTopic" type="query"}%
> That search returns 1 topic: WebHome. Ironically that is the only topic that does NOT have meta data: %META:TOPICPARENT{name="ClassifiedTopic"}%. The topic does not have a %META:TOPICPARENT{}% entry at all.
> None of the topics created in the web, which HAVE meta data %META:TOPICPARENT{name="ClassifiedTopic"}% show as search results.
> What am I missing?
> --
> Bram van Oosterhout

Bram van Oosterhout